Friday, April 24, 2015

My Story

My name is Stacey, and I am a huge tech geek. I started loving technology at an early age, and as I grew older, it became more of an obsession. When I was in college I started working for a television station, where I would spend the next seven years. During that time, my technology obsession was nurtured and got even worse. Today, I have a ton of tech in my house. Computers, tablets, smartphones, game systems, and more. You name it, I probably have it. 

Several months ago, I found the perfect job for my obsession...teaching technology to middle school students. Why is this perfect? I get to teach kids how to use the technology I love so much. Now, I can honestly say that I have a pretty fun job. I spend all day teaching kids to use computers to enhance their lives. 

Some of you are probably wondering what I mean by that. The classes I teach learn how to use Photoshop, iMovie, Final Cut Express, and much more. I really do get to teach the fun subjects. I also love that I can pass on my technology obsession to the kids. Tech is such a huge part of our lives now, and I think that the best way to be successful is to embrace it. 

This blog is going to be my daily log of what happened today in the technology classroom, and of course, my rantings about what cool technology I have encountered.

No comments:

Post a Comment