Sunday, January 6, 2019

One Word for 2019

Every now and then I surprise myself. I was working on a plan for the week ahead with my new 6th grade students (I switch at semester) and came across an idea that I usually would have just scrolled past, but this time it just jumped out at my. This idea has absolutely nothing to do with technology either. 

The idea is to have your students choose one word that defines who they want to be and what they want to do this year. It's like making a new years resolution, but so much easier to live by. This year, that idea resonates with me so much and I really don't know why it didn't before. 

I can't wait to have my students work on this later this week and decide what word is going to define their 2019. Once they decide, I'm going to take them all and put them on a wall that they pass every day so they have that daily reminder of what they are working to accomplish. I think we all need that reminder sometimes and I think for students it is essential. 

I really look forward to seeing the words they come up with and their intentions behind those words. Stay tuned for an update on this exciting project!

No comments:

Post a Comment